This privacy statement describes how Stylehub Ecommerce Ltd. collects and uses the personal information you provide on our website. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access, update and delete this information.
1. What information is being collected?
To be able to provide and improve our services, we need to collect and process a reasonable amount of information about you. To respect your privacy, we try to keep this to an absolute minimum. As a client, the information collected about you may include the following:
- Contact information such as your name, e-mail address
- Information about your business
- Your journey on the website
- Your computer's IP address
- Your browser / operating system
- Referring / exit pages
- Cookie data - please see the Cookies section below
2. How do we use the information we collect?
Depending on the choices you make, we may use this information to:
- Get in touch with you if you sent us a message
- Fulfill your order and issue invoices required by law
- Personalize your experience by remembering your preferences
- Provide location based information such as pricing, currency and language
- Provide tools to manage your account and settings
- Send you important account notifications, newsletters and occasionally marketing e-mails
- Improve our website and fix technical issues to serve you better
- Conduct research and analysis
- Ensure everyone's safety and security
- Combat fraud, spam and other potentially harmful activity
3. How is this information shared?
We use some third party services to improve your customer experience. We will share your personal information with these third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. We DO NOT sell your personal information to third parties.
Payment processors such as Stripe and Braintree
We use leading third party payment processors to handle payments for us securely. During the payment process we need to share some personal information such as your name, e-mail and billing address with the provider to ensure a safe and smooth transaction, and to identify previous transactions and solve issues. It also allows you to sign up to those services easily, or if you already have an account with them, sign in and / or pay quicker.
For maximum security, you will share your credit card details directly with these services. Under no circumstances does Stylehub Ecommerce Ltd. store or have access to your credit card information.
For more information on your privacy when using these services, please refer to their respective privacy policies.
E-mail delivery - SendGrid
SendGrid is a US headquartered provider of cloud-based transactional and marketing email delivery, management and analytics services. We use SendGrid to make sure you receive all the important account notifications, and if you opted in, our newsletters and marketing messages. SendGrid also provides us with analytic reports concerning the e-mail communications it sends on our behalf. In order to do all this, some personal information must be shared with the provider, including your e-mail address, and the message itself that you will receive, which might include your name.
We may also disclose your personal information
- As required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request
- If Stylehub Ecommerce Ltd. is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so
4. What is our legal basis for processing data?
We collect, use and share the data for the following purposes:
- To be able to provide services to our customers (eg. communication, payments, invoices)
- To comply with our legal and financial obligations
- To protect your vital interests, or those of others (eg. safety and security)
- To protect our own interests (eg. so we can make better business decisions)
5. Some notes on data security
When we collect personal information directly from you, we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. Please note that no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, therefore we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, please contact us.
6. How can you exercise your rights provided under the GDPR?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to access, edit, port and erase your data. Should you have any specific questions and requests about the information stored about you, please feel free to contact us.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. This means that in certain cases we may need to retain some of your information for a certain period of time despite your request.
7. Who is the data controller?
Attn.: Balint Horvath
Stylehub Ecommerce Ltd.
Medve u. 24. 1/1
What are cookies?
Cookies are tiny files which are stored on your computer for a certain period of time. They are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to a particular client and website, and can be accessed either by the web server or the client computer. Some of them are simply there provide a better user experience, while others are essential to the functionality of any complex website, so in general they are quite useful.
Here's a brief list of the types of cookies we use. They have various expiration dates, some of them (eg. the ones related to your current session) disappear when you close the browser, while some of them (eg. your preferences and cart data) may remain up to 90 days or even more. These are the main categories:
Essential — Some cookies are absolutely essential to a complex online service such as Stylehub. Without them you wouldn't be able to sign in to your account and complete any tasks. Disabling these cookies will render the service useless, therefore it is definitely not recommended.
Non-essential — Other cookes are non-essential, but for example they can provide you with a more personalized experience by remembering your preferences, such as the language of your choice and so on. We may also place small bits of technical information in cookies for general performance reasons, for example to reduce load times. Disabling them will not break the site, but you may see degraded performance, so we don't recommend it.
Third party — We also use some trusted third party services that may also place cookies on your computer. For more detailed information on these services, please see the following section.
Third party cookies
This section details cookies placed on your computer by third party services.
You can prevent cookies from being stored on your computer by adjusting the settings in your browser (see your browser Help on how to do this). Please note that disabling certain cookies might affect the functionality of the website negatively.
9. More information
For questions and comments feel free to contact us here.